For the cookie dough
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2/3 c. mini chocolate chips
For the chocolate shell
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips, melted
2 tbsp. coconut oil
White cookie icing
1. Line an 8"-x-8" baking dish with parchment paper. In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat butter, both sugars, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add almond flour and salt and mix until well combined, then mix in chocolate chips.
2. Press cookie dough mixture into the parchment paper–lined baking dish and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts then transfer to the wire rack. Freeze for 20 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together melted chocolate and coconut oil. Use a fork to gently dip the hearts in the chocolate, one at a time. Place on the wire rack then return to the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Decorate hearts with cookie icing.